DB Best Technologies is internationally known for comprehensive Data Management Services, database development and migration, and the creation of highly successful web and mobile syste...
Typical challenges that we see
Migrating applications hosted in your data center can be a daunting task. A lot of hidden issues and possible problems can emerge on this step. It certainly helps if you have taken the first step in implementing a private cloud solution. To do so, you can use one of the following technologies: VMware Cloud Foundation, OpenStack, or Azure Stack.
Key factors to consider when moving data to the cloud:
- Mapping your organization roles and users from your directory services to the appropriate cloud identity access management roles and permissions. This allows for maintaining your security policies
- Configuring the cloud provider’s virtual network to align with your current data center’s virtual network
- Creating deployment templates that align with your data center’s service level agreements for high availability, disaster recovery, security, and performance. For example, setting up geographic replication between different data centers for a “platinum” level configuration for your mission-critical application
- Updating your development and test procedures for integration and deployment to take advantage of manageability features like Azure Application Insights, AWS CloudTrail, and Google Stackdriver Monitoring
- Identifying cloud services that would replace ones you may have built in-house for greater reliability and performance
However, before you go too deep into the weeds, you’re going to need to understand the financial implications of migrating to the cloud. Here are some of the common challenges that we have seen helping our customers move to the cloud.
Getting the best value from all the cloud migration options
When migrating database servers to the Cloud, how do I get the best value from all the choices?
Finding the best value in the cloud is a balancing act. You need to deeply consider the following questions:
DB Best can help you answer these questions. We will evaluate your current environment and determine the most cost-effective cloud migration path. Finally, we will create a future-state architecture design for your cloud environment based on your needs.
Choosing which workloads to move to the cloud
How can I determine which workloads to move to the cloud?
DB Best takes a data-centric approach to determine which workloads are most appropriate for the cloud. Our team starts with data collection which gives us a profile of each workload environment such as CPU, RAM, etc. We also gather performance metrics over a certain time using our agentless DBMSys software. Then we work with our customers to understand their business needs and restrictions of each workload to determine a list of potential candidates that can be moved to the cloud.
Best of all, the process works with on-premises solutions like Microsoft Sharepoint, Dynamics, and others that can’t move to managed services due to unsupported features. We can recommend the appropriate virtual machine-based solution for Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud platforms optimized for cost and performance.
Why Cloud Migration with DB Best Technologies
Odds are that you still do not have a proven strategy for cloud adoption. Take advantage of DB Best’s comprehensive experience with cloud migration solutions to develop your cloud strategy of success.
What makes DB Best a unique partner for your cloud migration projects?
- We are partners with Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Platform, so we can work with you on the cloud platform that best matches your needs.
- DB Best is the partner of choice for our cloud partners regarding database migrations. We have unmatched experience with tools like SQL Server Migration Assistant to streamline your Azure cloud migration and the AWS Database Migration Service for AWS cloud migrations. Our team utilizes these tools and the DB Best Migration Platform, industry best practices, and our internal expertise to help you move your on-premises databases to the cloud of your choice.
- We know how to build applications on many platforms. As such, we can help your team optimize your applications as part of a cloud migration effort.
- Cloud applications utilize state-of-art microservices architecture to stay secure, flexible, scalable, and innovative. So, you can consider application migration to the cloud even without moving your database assets to the cloud.
- Our practice team members work closely together day in and day out on migration projects. We’ve seen everything and have a body of knowledge on all the major database vendors and application frameworks to better understand your on-premises applications and the target cloud platform.
Check out the following cloud migration links below to learn more about our expertise regarding our featured cloud platforms.
Trying to figure out how to migrate to Azure for greater scale, security and high availability? See how we can help in your digital transformation to a modern data estate, while keeping costs under control.
Are you looking to spend more time focusing on your business and less on maintaining your own data center? If so, learn how DB Best can accelerate your migrate to AWS initiatives.
By partnering with us for your migrate to Google Cloud (GCP) projects, we can reduce your time and risks so that you can enjoy the benefits of the integrated Google technologies.
Moving Workloads to the Cloud with DB Best
Discover the DB Best approach to cloud migration solutions. DB Best has vast experience with application migration to Azure. We know all the pitfalls and shortcomings you may experience with application migration to AWS. In addition to that, we have proven experience with application modernization to the Google Cloud Platform.
Watch the video below to learn how we can help you with a seamless database and application migration to any cloud.
DB Best migration story
Managing our customer’s data and applications on-premises and in the cloud, the DB Best team gained unprecedented experience with database migrations and cloud adoption. Now the world is moving forward and now the cloud is driving the technology of tomorrow. We at DB Best help customers create native cloud solutions, migrate existing workloads to the cloud and maintain this infrastructure. Simply put, we build your pathway to the cloud and create a flawless strategy to succeed in the cloud.
Watch the following video to learn more about the history of DB Best data management services and the future, which is in the cloud.
Reference data sheet
We take your initial concept and turn it into a beautiful and functional web, mobile, desktop, or Internet of Things solution. Covering the full cycle of software development, we exten...
Reference white paper
AWS documentation highlights several different methods for migrating Oracle database data to AWS. In addition, AWS published a white paper titled Strategies for Migrating Oracle Databa...
If your organization is heavily invested in a legacy Oracle database environment, you may be confronted with rising license renewal and support/maintenance costs for outdated technolog...
A leader for a customer-to-customer platform for selling and buying old stuff managed a 6-terabyte database using an early version of Amazon RDS PostgreSQL version 9.3. With the gainin...
This white paper explores challenges that arise when you migrate from an Oracle 7.3 database or later to SQL Server 2014. It describes the implementation differences of database objec...
Summary: This white paper covers known issues for migrating Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise database to SQL Server 2014. Instructions for handling the differences between the two pla...
A major American provider of global eCommerce solutions was looking for a way to upgrade their extensive data processing system. We provided them with visibility into their system and ...