Fast data comparison
You can compare data in two selected tables or views the checksum algorithm with a hash function. This option allows determining whether two tables are equal or different. The operation is executed very fast even for big objects.
- Create a new project or open an existing one.
- Select the operation scope by choosing the desired nodes on metadata trees.
- Click the Fast Compare button in the Data Operations panel. You will get to the matching page.
Here you can adjust objects matching if needed.
- Click the Maximize button to see the operation details in the fullscreen mode.
- Click the Options button at the bottom right-hand corner of the central window.
You will get to the Fast data comparison options page.
- Click the Sorting keys button at the bottom right-hand corner of the central window to proceed the operation. You will get to the Sorting keys selection page.
- Click the Run button at the bottom right-hand corner of the central window to get the result.
- Click OK to close the pop-up window and get to the detailed statistics.
- You can expand comparison result for each pair of tables, you’ll see the total number of compared rows, as well as the number of equal and different rows.
If you need to know exactly which rows are different, go to the Detailed data comparison operation.
- Click the Export button at the bottom right-hand corner of the central window to save the comparison result into the .csv file.
- Click the Close button at the top right-hand corner of the central window to close the Fast data comparison window.