Fast data comparison options
While performing fast data comparison operation, you get to the Fast data comparison options page. Here you can manage data options and set the hash function parameters.
- In the left side of Options window, you can see the objects tree of matched object items (tables, views, and columns).
Modified options are located on the right side of the window, and they depend on the chosen node of the objects tree.
Please note that changing settings in the Default Options node (at the top of the objects tree) will affect all pairs of data objects in current operation.
- You can change options for the desired pair of data objects. To do so, select them from the objects tree on the left side of the window.
- Please note that the names of the selected objects are bold, as well as the names of their parent objects.
- Available for modification options will be shown at the right side. If there are no options available for modification for the selected pair, you will get the corresponding message.
- You can opt for comparing just the row count in data objects (tables, views, etc.).
Check the Compare only row count option to run the Fast Data Comparison operation really fast.
In this case, Database Compare Suite will not calculate the hash for the tables, simply comparing the row count.
Please note that you can’t use this option to validate data migrations.
- You can exclude some columns from fast data comparison operation. Use the following options block at the top of the right side:
- Check the Time option to exclude the time columns from hash or checksum function.
- Check the Date Time option to exclude the date time columns from hash or checksum function.
- You can set the number of symbols to use in comparison for objects of strings and binary types for the homogeneous operations (when the source and the target use the same database platform). Use the Number of symbols to hash block of options:
- Check the Trim string types option to trim the string type objects. Set the maximum length for the string type objects in the corresponding edit box. The first N symbols of the string will be used in the comparison.
- Check the Trim binary types option to trim the binary type objects. Set the maximum length for the binary type objects in the corresponding edit box. The first N bytes of the string will be used in the comparison.
Please note that this option is available only for the homogeneous database operations.
- Select the floating poing comparison type from the drop-down list. This option is available only for the heterogeneous operations (when the source and the target use different database platforms).
- Check the Accurate option to use the algorithm that converts float numbers to the exponent format. This allows for eliminating issues with rounding of the float numbers during calculations. These issues may be caused by the various formats used for data storage in the different database platforms.
- Check the Fast option to process floating numbers as fixed-point numbers.
Please note that this option is unavailable for the homogeneous database operations (when the source and the target use the same database platform).
- Click the Reset button to restore default parameters for all modified options.