SQL Server Database Engineer / DBA
Are you excited about data or databases? Do you like being involved in solving complex business problems by creating advanced and innovative technical solutions?
If yes — we’ve got a solution for you!
Join DB Best team — we’ve been helping customers to modernize legacy applications, create new solutions, and manage data/applications/infrastructure for almost 20 years. With close to 500 engineers and consultants in 8 offices worldwide, DB Best is considered to be the best company in the world for database and application migrations and modernizations having absolutely unique expertise in developing migration software for Microsoft and AWS. Taking care of data for customers to make sure it’s secure, available, consistent and managed in a cost-effective manner with mitigated risks — this is in our DNA. So if you enjoy working with data and considering what’s your next career move, we’ll be thrilled to talk to you!
DB Best is looking for an experienced Database/SQL Engineer to join Managed Services practice at DB Best. The key activity is to work with different customers on managing, maintaining, enhancing and supporting SQL Server and related workloads in dev/test/prod environments serving transactional and BI applications in datacenter and cloud.
- Manage and take care of customer SQL Server and similar databases in datacenter and public cloud (Azure/AWS/GCP).
- Address and solve issues and incidents in fast and competent manner.
- Be part of 24×7 team, working in shifts, addressing customer issues and escalations.
- Proactively deliver health checks and reviews of SQL Server and related environments, preventing issues from occurring.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for SQL Server for customers and within DB Best, providing guidance around architecture of applications interfacing with SQL Server.
- Design and implement security models for accessing data and databases.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including SQL Server upgrades.
- Set up replication, log shipping, backup/restore policies, jobs.
- Assist with SSIS/SSRS/SSAS setup, configuration and management + manage cloud services (e.g. Azure Data Services, RDS, etc.).
- Solve performance issues including improvements in data model, SQL queries, embedded SQL statements, stored procedures.
- Work on automating tasks, creating scripts, tools and accelerators, including DevOps and DataOps.
- Deep expertise with SQL Server, preferable through SQL 2019.
- Knowledge and understanding of setting up, managing and maintaining SQL Server in datacenter and Azure/AWS/GCP.
- Experience with typical SQL Server Database Engineer/DBA activities: backup/restore, HA/DR, security, performance tuning.
- Experience with operating SQL Server in Windows and/or Linux environments.
- Excellent communication skills taking care of customers.
- Good team player, working as part of 24×7 team.
- Taking ownership and responsibility over outstanding tasks, driving them to completion.
- Experience creating scripts and tools using PowerShell/Python and other scripting languages.
- Experience with DevOps and DataOps.
- Fluent English.
- Prior consulting experience.
- Knowledge and expertise with at least one other DBMS: Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Sybase, DB2, Teradata.
- Experience or willingness to learn public cloud (Azure/AWS/GCP).
- Having a certification (e.g. MCSA, AWS SA).
- Experience working in a distributed environment.
WHO WE ARE?
DB Best is internationally known for comprehensive data-management services, database development and migration, and the creation of highly successful web and mobile systems. Hundreds of customers from all over the world rely on our developers and architects for cost-effective strategies in migrating and modernizing their on-premises and cloud assets every day.
Our expertise covers all major databases, including SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, IBM DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Access. Unlike smaller, narrow-focused competitors, our developers can choose among many development platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, PHP, ASP.NET, and Java.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner for five years running with competencies in Application Development, Data Analytics, Data Platform, and Cloud Platform and an Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, we have the experience to make our customers successful.
DB Best has rapidly become one of America’s fastest growing companies, as recognized by our presence on the prestigious Inc. 500 list in 2012. Originally started in Silicon Valley as a two-person team by Dmitry and Irena Balin, DB Best now has hundreds of employees in five countries, including our headquarters in Redmond, Washington, and locations in San Francisco, the UK, Israel, Poland, and Ukraine.
YOUR DREAM JOB NOT FOUND
We’re always looking for amazing people to join our team. Want to work with us, but couldn't find an appropriate opening?
Let us know about your passion, tell us why you stand out from the crowd and how you can make the difference working at DB Best.
We always keep the doors open for outstanding talents. Just hit the button below to send us your resume.