Solutions Consultant/Architect – DB2 z/OS Database Engineer/DBA
Are you excited about data? Do you think cloud adoption is changing the way people and companies do business? Do you like being involved in solving complex business problems by creating advanced and innovative technical solutions?
If yes – we’ve got a solution for you! Join DB Best team – we’ve been helping customers to modernize legacy applications, create new solutions, and manage data/applications/infrastructure for over 17 years. With over 400 engineers and consultants in 8 offices worldwide, DB Best is considered to be the best company in the world for database and application migrations and modernizations having absolutely unique expertise in developing migration software for Microsoft and AWS. Taking care of data for customers to make sure it’s secure, available, consistent and managed in a cost-effective manner with mitigated risks – this is in our DNA. So if you enjoy working with data and considering what’s your next career move, we’ll be thrilled to talk to you!
DB Best is looking for an experienced Solutions Consultant/Architect to join DB Best “Database Practice” and to be part of the team in Seattle, WA. The key activity is to work with local and remote customers on design and implementation of solutions involving DB2 and IMS on z/OS.
- Design, implement and support DB2 and IMS databases in online transaction and batch environments.
- Assist developers with debugging and tuning of CICS and batch DB2/IMS programs.
- Tune DB2 queries using EXPLAIN.
- Generate scripts to migrate DB2 schema changes between environments using DB2 admin tools. Automate database deployments.
- Introduce and deploy new database features.
- Perform onsite database recovery/restore as required.
- Support DB2/IMS database upgrades.
- Design, implement and support migration of IMS databases to DB2.
- Support migration of iWay to API calls.
- Assist with moving data from IMS/DB2 to other systems using ETL tools (e.g. Attunity,
- Experience as a DB2 DBA in a z/OS environment using IBM utilities, including experience with z/OS JCL, Rexx/clist, Symdump, and TSO/ISPF.
- Proven database design and development experience in a z/OS and enterprise COBOL environment is required (preferably including DB2, IMS/DB and CICS).
- IMS DBA experience in a CICS / DBCTL environment is desirable.
- Working knowledge in both Unix and windows platforms including cross-platform data access is desirable.
- Experience with DB2 stored procedures, Endevor, ERwin, EZTRIEVE, NOMAD, and Telon are all pluses.
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts.
- Knowledge of data mining, ETL, etc. and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
- Knowledge of modeling logical/business data requirements in a data model tool, such as ERWin data modeler.
- Experience in generating scripts for physical database deployment.
- Ability to teach data modeling and data design concept to IT and business people.
- Knowledge of more than one database platform, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle and Teradata.
- Knowledge of standard data model reports.
- Must have knowledge of data normalization and denormalization techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Prior consulting experience.
- Experience with cloud/AWS.
- Familiarity with NoSQL and Hadoop data technologies.
- Familiarity with dimensional and data vault modeling techniques.
WHO WE ARE?
DB Best is internationally known for comprehensive data-management services, database development and migration, and the creation of highly successful web and mobile systems. Hundreds of customers from all over the world rely on our developers and architects for cost-effective strategies in migrating and modernizing their on-premises and cloud assets every day.
Our expertise covers all major databases, including SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, IBM DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Access. Unlike smaller, narrow-focused competitors, our developers can choose among many development platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, PHP, ASP.NET, and Java.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner for five years running with competencies in Application Development, Data Analytics, Data Platform, and Cloud Platform and an Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, we have the experience to make our customers successful.
DB Best has rapidly become one of America’s fastest growing companies, as recognized by our presence on the prestigious Inc. 500 list in 2012. Originally started in Silicon Valley as a two-person team by Dmitry and Irena Balin, DB Best now has hundreds of employees in five countries, including our headquarters in Redmond, Washington, and locations in San Francisco, the UK, Israel, Poland, and Ukraine.
YOUR DREAM JOB NOT FOUND
We’re always looking for amazing people to join our team. Want to work with us, but couldn't find an appropriate opening?
Let us know about your passion, tell us why you stand out from the crowd and how you can make the difference working at DB Best.
We always keep the doors open for outstanding talents. Just hit the button below to send us your resume.