Solutions Consultant/Architect – Data and Application Modernization
- Designing “future state” architecture for the existing customers’ applications with intent to modernize and optimize.
- Working very closely with customers on understanding technical and business requirements and coming up with architectural design to satisfy their needs.
- Leading and coordinating modernization/migration project efforts.
- Doing hands-on delivery and coding whenever needed.
- Supporting sales activity by providing subject matter expertise in modernizations.
- Travel requirements: up to 25% (on average about one week per month).
- Deep experience with SQL Server as an infrastructure/development Database Engineer/Developer/DBA.
- Experience with SSIS/SSRS/SSAS.
- Good understanding and experience with Oracle as Database Engineer/DBA.
- Experience with designing and developing data-driven applications. Understanding and experience of developing in Java and/or .NET.
- Understanding and experience with Azure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High energy and positive attitude. Ability to confront and deal with ambiguity and complex situations.
- Prior consulting experience.
- Experience working in a distributed environment.
- Understanding of Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Cosmos, DynamoDB).
- Understanding and desire to learn new skills such as Machine Learning, Advanced Analytics, AI.
WHO WE ARE?
DB Best is internationally known for comprehensive data-management services, database development and migration, and the creation of highly successful web and mobile systems. Hundreds of customers from all over the world rely on our developers and architects for cost-effective strategies in migrating and modernizing their on-premises and cloud assets every day.
Our expertise covers all major databases, including SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, IBM DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Access. Unlike smaller, narrow-focused competitors, our developers can choose among many development platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, PHP, ASP.NET, and Java.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner for five years running with competencies in Application Development, Data Analytics, Data Platform, and Cloud Platform and an Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, we have the experience to make our customers successful.
DB Best has rapidly become one of America’s fastest growing companies, as recognized by our presence on the prestigious Inc. 500 list in 2012. Originally started in Silicon Valley as a two-person team by Dmitry and Irena Balin, DB Best now has hundreds of employees in five countries, including our headquarters in Redmond, Washington, and locations in San Francisco, the UK, Israel, Poland, and Ukraine.
YOUR DREAM JOB NOT FOUND
We’re always looking for amazing people to join our team. Want to work with us, but couldn't find an appropriate opening?
Let us know about your passion, tell us why you stand out from the crowd and how you can make the difference working at DB Best.
We always keep the doors open for outstanding talents. Just hit the button below to send us your resume.