Solution Architect — Couchbase Database
If your passion is about making scalable systems, scale even better and run faster, read along. You will fit in right with us if you have a passion for improving performance for complex systems and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
We have a challenging project for you!
As a Solutions Architect, you will architect and build a Couchbase database in the Google cloud. The solution would implement disaster recovery across separate clusters based in Singapore, Eastern Europe, and the San Francisco Bay Area. The solution should also have an automated deployment and ideally would be architected to be independent of the cloud is deployed in. The initial deployment would be for the Google cloud, although there will be future cloud providers that this may be applicable for.
Our ideal candidate comes from the world of NoSQL databases and the “big data” ecosystem. This includes working with functional programming languages like Erlang & Golang, understand principles and concepts of distributed systems, understanding what goes into good NoSQL database design, mobile data convergence, and becoming proficient in the best practices for building NoSQL-backed applications.
- Buildout of Couchbase architecture, taking into account disaster recovery across several geographically distributed clusters.
- Build out automated deployment scripts.
- You will be working with various NoSQL products to run competitive analysis and come up with competitive product benchmarks.
- You are a SME on Database Internals.
- You have rich experience in System Architecture, Performance Analysis and Data Analysis.
- You have experience in highly scalable distributed systems.
- Hands on coding in one of these programming languages: C, C++, Java, Go.
- MS or PhD in computer science or relevant industry.
- You are self-driven individual with excellent communication skills who can initiate and drive performance initiatives.
- You should be able to work successfully with cross functional teams located in different geographies.
WHO WE ARE?
DB Best is internationally known for comprehensive data-management services, database development and migration, and the creation of highly successful web and mobile systems. Hundreds of customers from all over the world rely on our developers and architects for cost-effective strategies in migrating and modernizing their on-premises and cloud assets every day.
Our expertise covers all major databases, including SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, IBM DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Access. Unlike smaller, narrow-focused competitors, our developers can choose among many development platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, PHP, ASP.NET, and Java.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner for five years running with competencies in Application Development, Data Analytics, Data Platform, and Cloud Platform and an Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, we have the experience to make our customers successful.
DB Best has rapidly become one of America’s fastest growing companies, as recognized by our presence on the prestigious Inc. 500 list in 2012. Originally started in Silicon Valley as a two-person team by Dmitry and Irena Balin, DB Best now has hundreds of employees in five countries, including our headquarters in Redmond, Washington, and locations in San Francisco, the UK, Israel, Poland, and Ukraine.
YOUR DREAM JOB NOT FOUND
We’re always looking for amazing people to join our team. Want to work with us, but couldn't find an appropriate opening?
Let us know about your passion, tell us why you stand out from the crowd and how you can make the difference working at DB Best.
We always keep the doors open for outstanding talents. Just hit the button below to send us your resume.