Senior Migration Practice Lead
Are you excited about data or databases? Do you like being involved in solving complex business problems by creating advanced and innovative technical solutions?
If yes — we’ve got a solution for you!
Join DB Best team — we’ve been helping customers modernize legacy applications, create new solutions, and manage data/applications/infrastructure for almost 20 years. With close to 500 engineers and consultants in 8 offices worldwide, DB Best is considered to be the best company in the world for database and application migrations and modernizations having absolutely unique expertise in developing migration software for Microsoft and AWS. Taking care of data for customers to make sure it’s secure, available, consistent, and managed in a cost-effective manner with mitigated risks — this is in our DNA. So if you enjoy working with data and considering what’s your next career move, we’ll be thrilled to talk to you!
DB Best is looking for a Senior Migration Practice Lead to join our US team and lead the delivery of challenging customer’s projects. The key activities include supporting sales conversations, designing future-state architectures, and managing the technical team.
- Support customer sales conversations on calls and visits with technical insight
- Author high level architectural designs, and project plans and work-packages for proposals
- Manage the production of customer-ready proposals with detailed estimates from technical teams
- Lead multiple concurrent customer delivery projects of a highly technical nature
- Design work packages for technical teams at the necessary level of detail
- Lead the platform migration practice by improving process, tools, technologies and documentation
- Manage and hire team members; Conduct reviews, professional development and coaching
- 10+ years of experience designing and developing data-driven applications, and driving the full software development process, including familiarity with all the associated tools and processes
- Deep knowledge in .NET or Java stacks, both strongly preferred
- Technical background in databases, such as Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, and/or other databases is strongly preferred
- Experience with leading design, refactoring or migration of application in cloud infrastructures and services for at least one of Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services and Google GCP
- Strong communication skills to both lead investigation and create and communicate new designs to customers and technical teams, combined with proven skills to create clear, detailed, concise documentation, such as architecture diagrams, presentations, and design documents
- Proficiency in the use of a variety of modeling and communication tools
- Extensive experience leading large distributed teams from start to finish through both technical leadership and personal coaching
- Prior extensive consulting experience managing large teams and presenting to customers at C-level
Broad IT industry exposure in different verticals and public speaking will be a plus.
WHO WE ARE?
DB Best is internationally known for comprehensive data-management services, database development and migration, and the creation of highly successful web and mobile systems. Hundreds of customers from all over the world rely on our developers and architects for cost-effective strategies in migrating and modernizing their on-premises and cloud assets every day.
Our expertise covers all major databases, including SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, IBM DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Access. Unlike smaller, narrow-focused competitors, our developers can choose among many development platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, PHP, ASP.NET, and Java.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner for five years running with competencies in Application Development, Data Analytics, Data Platform, and Cloud Platform and an Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, we have the experience to make our customers successful.
DB Best has rapidly become one of America’s fastest growing companies, as recognized by our presence on the prestigious Inc. 500 list in 2012. Originally started in Silicon Valley as a two-person team by Dmitry and Irena Balin, DB Best now has hundreds of employees in five countries, including our headquarters in Redmond, Washington, and locations in San Francisco, the UK, Israel, Poland, and Ukraine.
YOUR DREAM JOB NOT FOUND
We’re always looking for amazing people to join our team. Want to work with us, but couldn't find an appropriate opening?
Let us know about your passion, tell us why you stand out from the crowd and how you can make the difference working at DB Best.
We always keep the doors open for outstanding talents. Just hit the button below to send us your resume.