Oracle Database Engineer/DBA
Are you excited about data or clouds? Do you like being involved in solving complex business problems by creating advanced and innovative technical solutions?
If yes — please talk to us!
Join DB Best team — we’ve been helping customers to modernize legacy applications, create new solutions, and manage data/applications/infrastructure for almost 20 years. With close to 500 engineers and consultants in 8 offices worldwide, DB Best is considered to be the best company in the world for database and application migrations and modernizations having absolutely unique expertise in developing migration software for Microsoft and AWS. Taking care of data for customers to make sure it’s secure, available, consistent, and managed in a cost-effective manner with mitigated risks — this is in our DNA. So if you enjoy working with data and considering what’s your next career move, we’ll be thrilled to talk to you!
DB Best is looking for an experienced Oracle Database Engineer/DBA to work on customer engagements at DB Best. The key activity is to address and solve issues and incidents in fast and competent manner related to maintaining and modernizing customer’s Oracle databases.
- Create packaged solution for moving/upgrading customers from older versions of Red Hat and Oracle to the latest versions.
- Address all database issues related to upgrading Oracle from earlier versions to 19c in RHEL (including data model, configuration, settings, scripts, business logic, etc.).
- Create scripts in Python to automate the upgrade steps.
- Work with customers on multiple deployments of the solution with customizations if needed.
- Address and solve issues and incidents in fast and competent manner.
- Preferred — be part of 24×7 team, working in shifts, addressing customer issues and escalations.
- Deep expertise with Oracle Database Engineering and Administration, particularly with Oracle 19c in RHEL environment.
- Hands-on experience and expertise with designing and delivering Oracle upgrades.
- Strong hands-on experience with Python scripting.
- Understanding of Ansible, Terraform, Route 53 and other AWS services.
- Understanding of RHEL 6 and RHEL 7, and experience with Red Hat upgrades.
- Excellent communication skills taking care of customers.
- Good team player, preferably working as part of 24×7 team.
- Taking ownership and responsibility over outstanding tasks, driving them to completion.
- Prior consulting experience.
- Software development background.
- Experience with public cloud (Azure/AWS/GCP).
- Having a certification (e.g. AWS SA).
- Experience working in a distributed environment.
WHO WE ARE?
DB Best is internationally known for comprehensive data-management services, database development and migration, and the creation of highly successful web and mobile systems. Hundreds of customers from all over the world rely on our developers and architects for cost-effective strategies in migrating and modernizing their on-premises and cloud assets every day.
Our expertise covers all major databases, including SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, IBM DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Access. Unlike smaller, narrow-focused competitors, our developers can choose among many development platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, PHP, ASP.NET, and Java.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner for five years running with competencies in Application Development, Data Analytics, Data Platform, and Cloud Platform and an Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, we have the experience to make our customers successful.
DB Best has rapidly become one of America’s fastest growing companies, as recognized by our presence on the prestigious Inc. 500 list in 2012. Originally started in Silicon Valley as a two-person team by Dmitry and Irena Balin, DB Best now has hundreds of employees in five countries, including our headquarters in Redmond, Washington, and locations in San Francisco, the UK, Israel, Poland, and Ukraine.
YOUR DREAM JOB NOT FOUND
We’re always looking for amazing people to join our team. Want to work with us, but couldn't find an appropriate opening?
Let us know about your passion, tell us why you stand out from the crowd and how you can make the difference working at DB Best.
We always keep the doors open for outstanding talents. Just hit the button below to send us your resume.