MySQL Data Architect
Are you excited about data? Do you think cloud adoption is changing the way people and companies do business? Do you like being involved in solving complex business problems by creating advanced and innovative technical solutions?
If yes — we’ve got a solution for you!
Join DB Best team — we’ve been helping customers to modernize legacy applications, create new solutions, and manage data/applications/infrastructure for 18 years. With close to 500 engineers and consultants in 8 offices worldwide, DB Best is considered to be the best company in the world for database and application migrations and modernizations having absolutely unique expertise in developing migration software for Microsoft and AWS. Taking care of data for customers to make sure it’s secure, available, consistent, and managed in a cost-effective manner with mitigated risks — this is in our DNA. So if you enjoy working with data and considering what’s your next career move, we’ll be thrilled to talk to you!
We’re seeking a MySQL Data Architect experienced with Azure Managed MySQL to lead the project through the database migration to the cloud. One of the DB Best clients requires to increase the reliability and accessibility of their business support systems and products. And our mission is to ensure sound migration of their on-premises MySQL database to Azure Database for MySQL.
- Migration of objects, code, auxiliary scripts, and data to Azure Database for MySQL
- Proactive administration, recommendations for improvements
- Performance tuning of migrated applications on the target database
- Disaster recovery monitoring and management
- Design and architecture-related tasks, integration with cloud services
- System performance monitoring and system optimization
- Participation in the development of tools for working with different databases
- 5+ years of experience with databases: MySQL, Azure Managed MySQL
- Strong knowledge and practical experience in database application development
- Practical experience in data modeling and writing the stored code
- Practical experience in the performance tuning of database servers
- Strong hands-on experience with NGINX cloud load balancer: load balancer & proxy configuration
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform will be a plus
WHO WE ARE?
DB Best is internationally known for comprehensive data-management services, database development and migration, and the creation of highly successful web and mobile systems. Hundreds of customers from all over the world rely on our developers and architects for cost-effective strategies in migrating and modernizing their on-premises and cloud assets every day.
Our expertise covers all major databases, including SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, IBM DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Access. Unlike smaller, narrow-focused competitors, our developers can choose among many development platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, PHP, ASP.NET, and Java.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner for five years running with competencies in Application Development, Data Analytics, Data Platform, and Cloud Platform and an Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, we have the experience to make our customers successful.
DB Best has rapidly become one of America’s fastest growing companies, as recognized by our presence on the prestigious Inc. 500 list in 2012. Originally started in Silicon Valley as a two-person team by Dmitry and Irena Balin, DB Best now has hundreds of employees in five countries, including our headquarters in Redmond, Washington, and locations in San Francisco, the UK, Israel, Poland, and Ukraine.
YOUR DREAM JOB NOT FOUND
We’re always looking for amazing people to join our team. Want to work with us, but couldn't find an appropriate opening?
Let us know about your passion, tell us why you stand out from the crowd and how you can make the difference working at DB Best.
We always keep the doors open for outstanding talents. Just hit the button below to send us your resume.