Solution Architect – Database Migration, Upgrade and Modernization
DB Best is looking for an experienced Solution Architect who has both broad and deep knowledge of the database world and the cloud platform to join a team of world class experts. This is a great opportunity to get exposed to multiple customer environments, be on the edge of IT transformation and cloud adoption.
- 10+ years of experience designing / developing data solutions
- Expertise with architecture and design of enterprise data driven applications while providing technical leadership for database design, OLTP and Data Warehouse implementations, with design, development process and coding standards.
- Deep knowledge of at least two database platforms: Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Experience with multiple OS platforms like Windows, Unix/Linux or mainframe
- Good familiarity with either one of the cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP) or other enterprise IT environment with a dev-ops practice.
- Experience capturing and documenting business and technical requirements and existing architecture and creating future state implementation documents.
- Hands-on experience performing several of the following: backups, recovery, capacity planning, upgrades, job scheduling, performance tuning and troubleshooting in a database environment.
- Experience in product development and / or consulting delivery engagements is a big plus
WHO WE ARE?
DB Best is internationally known for comprehensive data-management services, database development and migration, and the creation of highly successful web and mobile systems. Hundreds of customers from all over the world rely on our developers and architects for cost-effective strategies in migrating and modernizing their on-premises and cloud assets every day.
Our expertise covers all major databases, including SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, IBM DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Access. Unlike smaller, narrow-focused competitors, our developers can choose among many development platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, PHP, ASP.NET, and Java.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner for five years running with competencies in Application Development, Data Analytics, Data Platform, and Cloud Platform and an Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, we have the experience to make our customers successful.
DB Best has rapidly become one of America’s fastest growing companies, as recognized by our presence on the prestigious Inc. 500 list in 2012. Originally started in Silicon Valley as a two-person team by Dmitry and Irena Balin, DB Best now has hundreds of employees in five countries, including our headquarters in Redmond, Washington, and locations in San Francisco, the UK, Israel, Poland, and Ukraine.
YOUR DREAM JOB NOT FOUND
We’re always looking for amazing people to join our team. Want to work with us, but couldn't find an appropriate opening?
Let us know about your passion, tell us why you stand out from the crowd and how you can make the difference working at DB Best.
We always keep the doors open for outstanding talents. Just hit the button below to send us your resume.