Cloud Database Architect
Are you excited about data or databases? Do you like being involved in solving complex business problems by creating advanced and innovative technical solutions?
If yes — we’ve got a solution for you!
Join DB Best team — we’ve been helping customers to modernize legacy applications, create new solutions, and manage data/applications/infrastructure for almost 20 years. With close to 500 engineers and consultants in 8 offices worldwide, DB Best is considered to be the best company in the world for database and application migrations and modernizations having absolutely unique expertise in developing migration software for Microsoft and AWS. Taking care of data for customers to make sure it’s secure, available, consistent, and managed in a cost-effective manner with mitigated risks — this is in our DNA. So if you enjoy working with data and considering what’s your next career move, we’ll be thrilled to talk to you!
DB Best is looking for an experienced Cloud Database Architect to work with one of our customers in the US.
- Support customer sales conversations on calls and visits with technical insight
- Author high-level architectural designs, and project plans and work-packages
- Manage and hire team members; for both the client and the company
- Manage automation git libraries orchestrating database deployments using ansible, terraform, and bash
- 10+ years of experience working with MySQL, subject matter expert level required. This role is expected to be the authority on the subject for the client as well as DB Best
- ProxySQL and MySQL orchestrator experience will be a big plus
- Background working on high availability and DR environments
- Solid scripting background, Bash / Python preferred.
- Experience working with Ansible
- Experience with leading design, refactoring, or migration of databases in cloud infrastructures and services for at least one of Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google GCP (preferred)
- Strong communication skills to both lead investigation and create and communicate new designs to customers and technical teams, combined with proven skills to create clear, detailed, concise documentation, such as architecture diagrams, presentations, and design documents
- Proficiency in the use of a variety of modeling and communication tools
- Extensive experience leading large distributed teams from start to finish through both technical leadership and personal coaching
- Prior consulting experience managing large teams and presenting to customers at C-level
Will be a plus
- Technical background in open source databases other than MySQL, such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, CockroachDB, Redis, and Elasticsearch
- Jenkins and terraform experience
- Broad IT industry exposure in different verticals. and public speaking is a plus
- Solid architectural understand of high availability and DR deployments
WHO WE ARE?
DB Best is internationally known for comprehensive data-management services, database development and migration, and the creation of highly successful web and mobile systems. Hundreds of customers from all over the world rely on our developers and architects for cost-effective strategies in migrating and modernizing their on-premises and cloud assets every day.
Our expertise covers all major databases, including SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, IBM DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Access. Unlike smaller, narrow-focused competitors, our developers can choose among many development platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, PHP, ASP.NET, and Java.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner for five years running with competencies in Application Development, Data Analytics, Data Platform, and Cloud Platform and an Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, we have the experience to make our customers successful.
DB Best has rapidly become one of America’s fastest growing companies, as recognized by our presence on the prestigious Inc. 500 list in 2012. Originally started in Silicon Valley as a two-person team by Dmitry and Irena Balin, DB Best now has hundreds of employees in five countries, including our headquarters in Redmond, Washington, and locations in San Francisco, the UK, Israel, Poland, and Ukraine.
YOUR DREAM JOB NOT FOUND
We’re always looking for amazing people to join our team. Want to work with us, but couldn't find an appropriate opening?
Let us know about your passion, tell us why you stand out from the crowd and how you can make the difference working at DB Best.
We always keep the doors open for outstanding talents. Just hit the button below to send us your resume.