Solution Consultant Architect – Application Modernization & Cloud Adoption
DB Best headquarter is looking to expand our technical team with an experienced Solution Architect focused on application modernization and cloud adoption. This position will require broad knowledge of different technology stacks and application development practices. Our customers are constantly looking for technical leadership on a wide variety of topics related to modernizing old data-driven applications. These needs cover areas like moving applications off Oracle Forms, modernizing old WinForms apps, or moving from monolithic or two-tie architecture to three-tier web-based architecture—these are just a few examples. Movement to cloud (Azure or AWS) is also becoming a center piece of our engagements so that new web services and infrastructure can be exploited for cool new applications. We are looking to staff a position with an accomplished professional who brings hands-on development experience in multiple areas of application development. This position is a customer-facing one that requires coordination between internal and customer teams. Our projects span across multiple technology areas: starting from database and Data Management areas (like performance tuning, data modeling, database migration/upgrades, data replication etc.) to application modernization and all the way to new product development (like mobile & web app development for IoT, web-based solutions, etc.). Our customer base varies from small start-ups to top-tier enterprise customers across the globe.
This position will require the following skillset
- 10+ years of experience designing and developing data-driven applications
- Deep knowledge in .NET or Java stack, both strongly preferred
- Technical background in databases, such as Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, and/or other databases is strongly preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services
- Ability to create clear, detailed, concise documentation—architecture diagrams, presentations, and design documents
- Experience working with distributed teams to provide technical guidance and leadership
- Prior experience in consulting roles is a must
- Excellent communication skills
WHO WE ARE?
DB Best is internationally known for comprehensive data-management services, database development and migration, and the creation of highly successful web and mobile systems. Hundreds of customers from all over the world rely on our developers and architects for cost-effective strategies in migrating and modernizing their on-premises and cloud assets every day.
Our expertise covers all major databases, including SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, IBM DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Access. Unlike smaller, narrow-focused competitors, our developers can choose among many development platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, PHP, ASP.NET, and Java.
As a Microsoft Gold P