Are you excited about data or databases? Do you like being involved in solving complex business problems by creating advanced and innovative technical solutions?
If yes — we’ve got a solution for you!
Join DB Best team — we’ve been helping customers to modernize legacy applications, create new solutions, and manage data/applications/infrastructure for almost 20 years. With close to 500 engineers and consultants in 8 offices worldwide, DB Best is considered to be the best company in the world for database and application migrations and modernizations having absolutely unique expertise in developing migration software for Microsoft and AWS. Taking care of data for customers to make sure it’s secure, available, consistent, and managed in a cost-effective manner with mitigated risks — this is in our DNA. So if you enjoy working with data and considering what’s your next career move, we’ll be thrilled to talk to you!
DB Best is looking for a BusinessObjects Developer with prior experience rewriting and converting .unv Universes for new data sources. The key activity is to design and modernize Universe layers and optimize the performance of BusinessObjects constructs.
- Examine existing Universe (.unv) including controls, data flow, business logic, database interfaces, objects, tables, views, joins, contexts, and any error and exception handling mechanisms and rewrite or, if tools are available, convert to .unx
- Take responsibility for designing SAP BusinessObjects Universe layers for business intelligence solutions
- Optimize the performance of BusinessObjects constructs
- Communicate with data modelers and DBAs to optimize the database for reporting performance
- Work interactively with both technical and non-technical staff to build the BusinessObjects Universe layer that adheres to the underlying data model and effectively delivers data to end-users
- Write test plans and test scenarios
- Stay up-to-date on releases and patches for SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence suite
- Act as an SAP BusinessObjects subject matter expert for fellow technologists
- Develop and perform user training
- 4 to 6 years of experience with enterprise-level database systems, business intelligence tools, and reporting systems.
- Expert level of knowledge in SAP BusinessObjects Universe configuration (parameter settings, etc.) and Universe design aspects (resolving loops, contexts, aliases, cardinality, etc.)
- Experience with rewriting and converting .unv Universe to .unx.
- Extensive experience in working within a business intelligence environment and knowledge of data warehouse modeling and design.
- Understanding logical and physical data modeling and methods for optimizing the BusinessObjects Universe against the physical model.
- Expertise in SQL.
- Experience in best practices of security processes and procedures.
WHO WE ARE?
DB Best is internationally known for comprehensive data-management services, database development and migration, and the creation of highly successful web and mobile systems. Hundreds of customers from all over the world rely on our developers and architects for cost-effective strategies in migrating and modernizing their on-premises and cloud assets every day.
Our expertise covers all major databases, including SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, IBM DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Access. Unlike smaller, narrow-focused competitors, our developers can choose among many development platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, PHP, ASP.NET, and Java.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner for five years running with competencies in Application Development, Data Analytics, Data Platform, and Cloud Platform and an Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, we have the experience to make our customers successful.
DB Best has rapidly become one of America’s fastest growing companies, as recognized by our presence on the prestigious Inc. 500 list in 2012. Originally started in Silicon Valley as a two-person team by Dmitry and Irena Balin, DB Best now has hundreds of employees in five countries, including our headquarters in Redmond, Washington, and locations in San Francisco, the UK, Israel, Poland, and Ukraine.
YOUR DREAM JOB NOT FOUND
We’re always looking for amazing people to join our team. Want to work with us, but couldn't find an appropriate opening?
Let us know about your passion, tell us why you stand out from the crowd and how you can make the difference working at DB Best.
We always keep the doors open for outstanding talents. Just hit the button below to send us your resume.