Sharing our technical experience with the readers, we’ve reached a pretty impressive audience on our blog. So, it was pretty easy to distinguish the most popular AWS Database Migration Service (AWS DMS) Support stories. Let’s jump right in and review the most valuable and really important DB Best blog posts on AWS DMS and AWS Schema Conversion Tool (AWS SCT).
We’ve got an impressive series of blog posts, where we talk about the features of AWS Schema Conversion Tool, which is the must-use utility for moving workloads into the Amazon cloud. In addition to that, we talk about popular conversion issues, helping you overcome the action items, which occur during the migration process.
Let’s start with the Amazon Redshift Performance tuning tips. We’ve worked on this blog post for several months to tell you the real story of Redshift optimization project and describe the best practices we’ve learned.
Another massive experience was related to the AWS Snowball Edge appliance. We had a unique chance to use this cool device, which combines 80 TB of built-in storage and compute power to migrate our on-premises Oracle database to AWS Redshift.
Summing up the top 3 technology AWS blog posts, comes our research on taking advantage of AWS Glue ETL service to load the data into Amazon Redshift after migrating the Teradata data warehouse into the Amazon cloud.
The following blog posts show our immersive experience with AWS Schema Conversion Tool (SCT).
- General Approach to Migration of Data Warehouses to Amazon Redshift
- Specific Features of Migrating Data Warehouses to Redshift
- Migrating an Oracle to MySQL Database using the AWS Schema Conversion Tool
- Extracting Data from Warehouses with Data Migration Agents
- First look at AWS Schema Conversion Tool with tighter DMS integration
- AWS Schema Conversion Tool Offline mode
- Using AWS Schema Conversion Tool Extension Pack for OLTP databases