Big thank you to everyone who attended our webinar on May 1, 2018 – Accelerate Database Migration to AWS with DB Best! Dmitry Balin and myself talked about how DB Best and Amazon Web Services (AWS) can help you improve performance and reduce costs by migrating your on-premises databases to managed Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS), to virtual machines using Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), or database warehousing solutions such as Amazon Redshift. I also did a couple of demos to show how the AWS Schema Conversion Tool (AWS SCT) helps accelerate the database adoption process by converting the schema of your source databases to your choice of databases.
We had a great Q&A session at the end of the webinar, however as soon as the webinar ended, we all got cut off :(. For the attendees and anyone else interested in migrating your databases to AWS, we will be using Twitter to answer your questions. Just log into Twitter with your favorite Twitter handle and post a question using #AWSDBBestWebinar with our @dbbest_tech handle as a mention. For example:
#AWSDBBestWebinar @dbbest_tech What’s the best way to import 30 TB of data from my Oracle data warehouse to #Amazon #Redshift?
For those that missed the webinar, it should be live within the next few days on the AWS Partner Webinar Series on Migration site.
Be sure to check out some of the great resources that we have on our new website and blog as shown below.
Look forward to continuing the conversation on Twitter!
During the webinar, I highlighted just a couple of blog posts that we have related to database migration to AWS. Here are the ones I mentioned and a few more to boot.
- Using AWS Snowball Edge to transfer multiple terabytes of data into the Amazon cloud
- Loading Amazon Redshift Data Utilizing AWS Glue ETL service
- Top AWS DMS and SCT blog posts
- Optimizing your Redshift Storage with AWS Schema Conversion Tool
- AWS Schema Conversion Tool: General Approach to Migration of Data Warehouses to Amazon Redshift
- Top customers’ stories on AWS
- Using PostgreSQL in cloud alongside with Oracle to enhance the database system performance
- Using AWS Schema Conversion Tool Extension Pack for OLTP databases
During the webinar, we talked about several ways that DB Best can help you with your database migrations to AWS. If you simply need a helping hand, we have an introductory offer to provide you with 40 hours of expert support. Check out the specific offers we have below.